UNARTE PUBLISHING HOUSE /
EVALUATION METHODOLOGY FOR EDITORIAL PROJECTS
Evaluation Process of the Editorial Projects
The evaluation process of the editorial projects is modified starting from October 3rd 2011.
In order to be evaluated the editorial projects should be submitted to the publishing house as pdf documents, in ready- to-print form.
For a more compelling selection of the editorial projects to be published at UNARTE Publishing House the selection will be done using a peer review process. The professional achievements of the personalities invited as external readers contribute to the selection of the most outstanding works and to the quality improvement of our publications.
UNARTE Publishing House makes the selection of the publications using the blind peer-review, which develops as follows:
In the first stage the editorial projects are analyzed by the editorial board of the publishing house. There will be selected only the projects which fulfill the selection criteria presented bottom page;
In the second stage the editorial projects are analyzed by 2 external readers which will evaluate each project and will make their recommendations to the publishing house;
For special situations it might be consulted also other readers from Romanian or international universities;
The readers will transmit their decisions and recommendation to the publishing house, in order to finalize the selection process;
UNARTE Publishing House will inform the authors by the results.
GOALS OF THE PEER REVIEW EVALUATION PROCESS
• to select the best manuscripts/editorial projects sent for publication as well as suggestions for their improvement – in order to improve the quality of the scientific activity;
• to accomplish the fulfillment of the selections criteria of UNARTE Publishing House and CNCS;
• to select the most outstanding and interesting works;
• to contribute to the improvement of the quality of the list of publications.
For the selection procedure the editorial board and the external readers will take into consideration the following criteria:
• the originality and innovative aspect of the submitted work;
• the relevance for the addressed research field;
• the quality of research;
• the methodology used for analyzing the topic;
• the professional documentation and the accuracy of the content;
• the graphic design of the publication.